Google's "Googlegeist": Annual feedback survey on hundreds of issues
A Different Kind of Onboarding: Resetting agency culture to care deeply about employees
Airbnb's process of building a team- The annotated version of a lecture at Stanford's How to Start A Startup Class featuring Brian Chesky, CEO of Airbnb and Alfred Lin, former COO of Zappos. The full video lecture is here.
How to Hire- by Sam Altman, president of Y Combinator
Hiring at Pinterest and Stripe: From an interview with the founders on Genius
IBM's Internal Crowdfunding: Give employees a budget to pitch ideas (internal kickstarter)
Expensify's Overseas retreat: A month-long offshore for all employees
How Netflix Reinvented HR: The company's expense policy is five words long: Act In Netflix' Best Interest. It's compensation policy? Be honest and treat people like adults.
How We Start: Assist CEO Shane Mac's Guide to on-boarding new employees with physical artifacts and rituals
Explore other culture levers:
1) Values: Core assumptions and priorities
3) Power structure: How people obtain, maintain, and lose power; how they give and receive feedback
4) Rituals: Ceremonies, social environment and behaviors, dress codes
5) Ways of Working: The "way we do things around here": norms, the ways organizations respond to problems
6) Physical environment: office space, physical artifacts, work hours